THE ROOMMATE by Jen Silverman
Director: Brenda Porter
Email email@example.com to make an appointment
- Audition Date: November 11, 2019
- Audition Times: 6:00 – 9:30pm
- Contract: Stipend offered
- Rehearsal Dates: Feb 3 – March 18
- Show Opens: Thursday, March 19
- Show Closes: Sunday, March 29
- Possible one weekend extension (April 5)
- 8pm performances: 3/19. 3/21, 3/26, 3/27, 3/28
- 3pm performances: 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29
Auditions are being held at the Academy Theatre located at 599 N. Central Ave, Hapeville, GA 30354
Actors to play the following:
- Sharon – a woman in her mid-50’s; lives a squeaky-clean life of monotony; any ethnic background.
- Robyn – a woman in her mid-50’s; moved from New York for a life change. any ethnic background.
SYNOPSIS FOR THE ROOMMATE
Recently divorced and living in an old house in Iowa, Sharon finds a sensible roommate like herself—a woman in her fifties—to make ends meet. But she quickly learns that Robyn is a fugitive of sorts, who couldn’t be further from the ladies in her book club. As both women become close, each recognizes in the other an overwhelming desire to transform her own life. But the only question is: what will be the price of that transformation. A dark comedy about what it takes to re-route your life – and what happens when the wheels come off.
- If the Director has not seen your work, please prepare a 1 – 2 min monologue
- Sides will be provided at the audition
- Be prepared to cold read.
- Please bring a resume & head shot, stapled together.